Get one of our employment team members to contact you about our job seeker services today.
ETC is participating in the New Employment Services Trial (NEST) Program which revamps the employment services delivered to job seekers and employers.
The Australian Government is transforming employment services to deliver better outcomes and service to job seekers to ensure that people who need assistance to find work have the right service options that support them to find a job and deliver more flexibility to meet mutual obligation requirements.
The NEST program is a Government initiative to help transform employment services to deliver better services to job seekers and employers.
To find out more visit the NEST website.
The NEST program is being trialled in two regions – Adelaide South, South Australia and Mid North Coast, New South Wales
ETC locations that are included in the Trial are:
– Coffs Harbour
– Nambucca Heads
– Port Macquarie
The trial is testing improved employment services aspects which include:
– Digital and Enhanced service offerings
– Flexible, points-based mutual obligations system
– Provider performance management
– Job seeker assessment framework
– New IT system
The trial is being introduced in phases (View the Trial phases fact sheet):
– From 1 July 2019, job-ready, digitally literate job seekers in the trial regions started to be directed to online services under the Digital First service.
– From 1 October 2019, Digital Plus service commenced for job-ready job seekers in the trial regions who need some support to use digital servicing. (See the Digital Employment Services Guarantee for more details on what job seekers can expect under Digital First and Digital Plus.)
– From 4 November 2019, providers in the trial regions commenced delivering the new Enhanced Services for job seekers with vocational and non-vocational barriers.
For job seekers, the new model will provide service options to support them to find a job, a better digital platform and more flexibility to meet mutual obligation requirements.
Job seekers will be assigned to appropriate services such as Digital First, Digital Plus and Enhanced Services.
View the Information for Job Seekers document.
Job seekers who are job-ready and digitally literate will enter Digital First and self-manage online. These job seekers will be able to access online tools to help them make informed choices about their job search, as well as a contact centre to help answer questions and provide advice via phone or email.
Regular job seeker assessments will ensure job seekers continue to receive the right service for them. Job seekers will complete and report their mutual obligations online and access assistance such as an online jobs board, job matching and training modules.
All Australians will have access to Digital First.
Job seekers who need extra support will be able to access digital services and receive face-to-face support from an employment services or training provider as needed under Digital Plus. This may include training to help use the digital service, work skills training, or funding to pay for a wage subsidy, tools or a licence. Job seekers may also engage with any other complementary programs they are eligible for, such as PaTH Internships or Career Transition Assistance.
The most disadvantaged job seekers will receive Enhanced Services delivered through employment services providers. Providers will deliver a professional, individualised service to help prepare and support job seekers into work.
Providers will help address a job seeker’s barriers to work through services such as career guidance, mentoring, vocational training, assistance in accessing non-vocational services such as counselling, work experience, job placements and post-placement support.
– Deliver individually tailored case management that helps to build your job readiness, including identifying your strengths and any challenges.
– Work with you to develop your Job Plan. This sets out the services you will receive and the minimum requirements you need to meet while you are on activity tested income support.
– Assist you to search for a job and refer you to suitable jobs.
– Provide access to and support you to use self-help job search facilities and online information and tools.
– Match you to activities to help you prepare for work, for example training, education or work experience.
– Reassess your needs if your circumstances change.
– Connect you with other services to help build your job readiness.
– Help you with wage subsidies or relocation assistance (where appropriate).
– Assist you to report job search and other mutual obligation requirements using online services.
– Keep in contact with you and your employer once you have started a job.
– Treat you fairly and with respect in a culturally sensitive way.
View the NEST Service Guarantee on the NEST website.
ETC job seekers who are part of the NEST program will need to:
– Do what you have agreed to do in your Job Plan.
– Accept any suitable job you are offered.
– Make every effort to get and keep a job. This includes working with ETC to improve your job readiness
– Contact ETC as soon as possible if you are unable to attend an appointment or do an activity
– Notify ETC of any changes in your circumstances. It can affect your Job Plan.
If you fail to do any of the above it could affect your income support payments.
The digital platform will provide a better service for employers including the ability to filter and search for candidates. Enhanced services will offer work experience programs, better post placement support and targeted wage subsidies to support businesses to employ job seekers.
View the New employment services for Employers document.
ETC’s Career Transition Assistance Program (CTA) is a new initiative to help older job seekers build their skills and confidence to become more competitive in the job market.
ETC delivers innovative flexible training that is closely aligned with industry to enhance the learning experience and open doors to employment and promotion.
Get one of our employment team members to contact you about our job seeker services today.Enquire Today
Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed about the latest tips, trends and business insights from ETC – Enterprise & Training Company Ltd.