Enquire 1800 007 400
Enquire Freecall 1800 007 400

There are inherent risks and dangers involved in working in construction. Before you can work on construction sites in Australia, you’ll need to hold relevant tickets to demonstrate competency and awareness of best practice. These tickets are required by your employer, and they are provided upon successful completion of induction training. In this post, we’ll be highlighting the full range of construction industry tickets and their importance.

The Importance of Tickets

Working in construction is inherently dangerous, and knowledge and training is key to mitigating the risk of injury. Training programs will inform you of the various health and safety risks involved so that you can carry out work on-site with confidence. Construction sites have many different areas and tradespeople working on them, and you will be using a wide range of equipment to perform your duties. A comprehensive knowledge of safe conduct will help you to stay safe and protect your employer from costly compensation claims.

White Card – Mandatory for all construction workers

Before working on any construction site, you will need to hold a white card. This card is awarded for successful completion of the General Construction Induction course.

Other tickets you may need…

If you’ve only just arrived in Australia, you may be feeling a bit overwhelmed and/or unsure about how to get started in construction. There are a wide range of tickets required for various jobs, and to help you out we’ve provided a brief overview of some of the most common ones below:

  • RIW Ticket – If you want to work on rail jobs, you’ll need to hold a Rail Industry Worker ticket. There are many hazards that are unique to rail work, and you need to demonstrate a strong understanding of the risks involved and ways to mitigate them.
  • Working at Heights Ticket – Working at heights comes with inherent risks, and this ticket will provide you with the knowledge needed to perform your duties safely and look after others. You may also require an Elevated Work Platforms Ticket (EWP).
  • Confined space entry tickets – A self-explanatory ticket that is required for anyone wanting to work within confined spaces. You can complete a nationally recognised course with a registered training organisation.
  • High Risk Work Licence – Some construction jobs have a higher level of risk than others, for example crane operation or pressure equipment. You may need to obtain a high-risk work licence. If you are unsure about whether or not you need this ticket, please contact us and we can advise you.
  • Traffic Control Tickets – If you want to work in traffic control or planning, you will need either a Blue Card or Yellow Card depending on your duties. The blue card is required for traffic control, whilst the yellow card gives you the ability to plan and implement traffic control plans.
  • Asbestos Removal – Many older buildings within Australia contain asbestos which is hazardous to human health. If you will be working with or around asbestos, you will need to obtain this ticket to demonstrate awareness of safety and best practice. There are three different levels of asbestos removal tickets: awareness, removal and supervision of removal.

Taken from – https://www.advancedgroupservices.com.au/what-tickets-do-i-need-to-work-in-the-construction-industry/



Get one of our friendly staff to contact you today.

Enquire Today

Stay in The Know

Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed about the latest tips, trends and business insights from ETC – Enterprise & Training Company Ltd.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required