Do you like to return to the same place when you go on holidays? What do you love most about it?
Have a think about the people that come to the Coffs Coast for their holidays. What are their reasons for returning? Is your business one of those that is creating a good impression to our visitors making them want to come back time and time again?
To increase your chances of customer retention it is important that your business has the following qualities:
• Great Presentation – Is your business clean and well presented? This is especially important for our hospitality and tourism industries. Having a neat and organised workplace reflects the state of your business and its personality.
• Good Relationships – Try to build a rapport with your visitors, gain their trust. Making a customer feel that you are paying them special, personal attention goes a long way to building a relationship with them.
• Be the expert – Small and medium-sized businesses are becoming more and more dependent on services to run their operation. No matter what industry you are in, if you can be the expert in your particular field, you will be more likely to retain new customers.
• Deliver as expected – if your business promotes itself for having the “best coffee in town” then make sure you can prove it. Ensure that you have employed Barista trained staff, your equipment is clean and well maintained, and that you are stocking good products.
• Exceptional customer service – I’m sure we’ve all been to places where the service was poor and it has discouraged you from returning there. Make sure your staff are attentive, friendly and helpful at all times, and that they know the products and services well so they can explain them to customers.
ETC has a pool of jobseekers ready to work this summer. If you recruit new staff with ETC you could win a share of $1,500 worth of travel! The more staff you recruit, the more entries you receive. To find more information about how ETC can help you find staff contact our Recruitment Team on (02) 6648 5400.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/08657.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed about the latest tips, trends and business insights from ETC.